Seeded No. 2 Panna Udvardy made it to the quarter-finals of the Iasi match, beating Reka Luca Jani unchallenged (6-0, 7-6) ) late Wednesday afternoon, on the Baza Sportivă Ciric in Iasi.
Udvardy, 93rd on the planet on the WTA, will face the winner of the match between France's Kristina Mladenovic, seeded n°6, and Romania's Alexandra Ignatik within the quarter-finals of the Iasi Open.
Before her qualification on Wednesday in opposition to Jani, ranked one hundred and thirty fifth within the WTA, Panna Udvardy had received in opposition to the Greek Despina Papamichail (6-3, 7-5).
Reka Luca Jani had clearly overwhelmed the Romanian wild card Briana Szabo (6-1, 6-2).
The different matches of the second spherical in Iasi (WTA 125, Baza Sportivă Ciric, clay, 115,000 USD, outcomes are displayed from latest to oldest):
- Yuki Naito – Paula Ormaechea: scheduled for Thursday
- Nadia Podoroska – Ekaterine Gorgodze: scheduled for Thursday
- Ana Bogdan – Anastasia Zakharova: scheduled for Thursday
- Kristina Mladenovic – Alexandra Ignatik: scheduled for Thursday
- Maja Chwalinska – Olga Danilovic (N.4): 7-6 6-4
- Darya Astakhova (Q) – Cristina Dinu (Q): 6-2, 6-2
- Rebeka Masarova – Nastasja Schunk: 4-6, 7-6 6-4