Serbian Aleksandra Krunic reached the quarter-finals of the Budapest event, beating China’s Shuai Zhang, seeded n°6 (6-1, 6-0), Thursday morning on the Római Tennis Academy from Budapest.
Krunic, one hundred and fifth on this planet on the WTA, will face the winner of the upcoming match between China’s Xiyu Wang and Romania’s Ana Bogdan within the quarter-finals of the Hungarian Open.
In the earlier spherical of the Hungarian event, the Serb received towards Germany’s Laura Siegemund (6-3, 6-4).
Zhang, ranked thirty seventh within the WTA, had dominated the Georgian Ekaterine Gorgodze with out being concerned on the rating (7-5, 6-1).
The different matches of the second spherical in Budapest (WTA 250, Római Tennis Academy, clay, 203,024 EUR, the outcomes are displayed from the newest to the oldest):
- Elisabetta Cocciaretto – Katerina Siniakova: scheduled for Thursday
- Yulia Putintseva – Laura Pigossi: scheduled for Thursday
- Xiyu Wang – Ana Bogdan: scheduled for Thursday
- Anna Bondar (N.9) – Despina Papamichail (Q): 6-2, 6-3
- Bernarda Pera (Q) – Aliaksandra Sasnovich (N.5): 7-5, 6-2
- Martina Trevisan (N.2) – Kateryna Baindl (Q): 6-4, 7-5
- Lesia Tsurenko – Kamilla Rakhimova: 6-7 6-4, 7-5