While from the 1er December, customers will lastly have the ability to change their complementary health insurance at any time, the UFC-Que Choisir protests against the opacity of the sector in regards to the fee of redistribution to insureds of contributions1, important and obligatory compass to match market gives. The affiliation subsequently provides discover to 5 complementary organizations to conform as shortly as potential with this data obligation, and, anxious to make efficient the ability to make competitors play, makes obtainable to all, and free of cost till December 7 2020, his independent comparator.
The redistribution fee, essential and now necessary data …
After years of battle for the laws to carry the brakes on actual competitors within the complementary health insurance market, UFC-Que Choisir has obtained the implementation of infra-annual termination, permitting customers to terminate at any time their contract after the primary 12 months. For customers to completely profit from this freedom, they nonetheless have to have the keys to make the best selection. Beyond the important legibility of contracts (still too limited), our affiliation demanded, and obtained, that is imposed on the insurers, the duty to publish important data: their fee of redistribution2.
… that the complementary maintain removed from the insured
3 months after the entry into pressure of this obligation, the complementary are removed from all enjoying the sport of transparency, as proven by our research of the practices of the 29 most vital organizations available in the market4. A primary pitfall was entry to quotes: 5 further ones require to get in contact with a gross sales consultant, or don’t provide quotes on a sturdy medium. Among the 24 quotes obtained, 5 organizations, together with GMF and Crédit Agricole, don’t adjust to the rules by indicating nowhere of their quotes the redistribution fee! Finally, whereas the data should be “readable, clear and intelligible”, UFC-Que Choisir discovered that in 21% of circumstances, the ratios had been written in microscopic font, and notably hidden. In addition to displaying very variable lengths (12 pages on common, and as much as 68 for the Smatis quote!), Each quote incorporates its personal presentation of the ratios, making comparisons de facto tough.
Redistribution fee: too low returns to the sender!
However, the evaluation of the redistribution charges exhibits how helpful this data is for customers. On common, it is thus 76.2% of the contributions which return to the insured, primarily as a result of of administration prices that are nonetheless too heavy (21% on common, and as much as 30%). And but this calculation doesn’t bear in mind the taxes paid by the insured. In actuality, in comparison with contributions together with tax, the common return to policyholders barely exceeds two-thirds (67.3%)4.
However, this common redistribution fee masks very sturdy disparities, that are notably instructive.
While six organizations studied exceed the 80% redistribution (and much more than 84% for MGEFI and ProBTP), virtually half of the pattern doesn’t even return 75% of contributions to policyholders. With MAAF, Smatis and Intériale, a tragic milestone has been reached, since these three complementary have a redistribution fee of lower than 70%.
Finally, the evaluation exhibits important variations between households of complementary health insurance5. Thus, whereas insurance firms reimburse on common solely 72.6% of premiums collected, the speed rises to 77.7% for provident establishments and reaches 78.4% for mutuals. These households should not homogeneous, nevertheless, and it stays important to systematically remember of the charges utilized by every of them.
Based on its evaluation, UFC-Que Choisir:
- Calls on Crédit Agricole, GMF, Malakoff Humanis, MNH and MNT to adjust to the decree of 6 May 2020, by indicating the redistribution and administration expense ratios on all quotes or proposals given to potential future policyholders;
- Refers to the Prudential Supervisory Authority (ACPR) for checks to be undertaken and, the place relevant, penalties imposed within the occasion of non-compliance with transparency obligations;
- Ask the Minister of Health to impose a publication of the redistribution fee on the web site of every complementary physique;
- Exceptionally gives free entry to its independent comparator of complementary health insurance, till December 7, to permit customers to take full benefit of the financial savings alternatives afforded by termination at any time.
Update as of December 18, 2020:
Following our motion, a number of complementary organizations made their redistribution fee obtainable. The desk has subsequently been up to date based mostly on this new data. Performance by household of complementary health insurance stays related: 72.6% on common for insurance firms, 76.5% for provident establishments and 77.9% for mutuals.
(1) The redistribution fee corresponds to the ratio between the quantity of advantages paid and the quantity of contributions collected, excluding taxes, by the insurer. This obligation has been in impact since 1er September 2020.
(3) The research was carried out from November 16 to twenty, on the websites of 29 complementary health insurance: Allianz, AG2R La Mondiale, Apicil, Apreva, Aviva, Axa, ProBTP, Crédit Agricole, Crédit Mutuel, Eovi MCD, GMF, Groupama, Harmonie Mutuelle, Malakoff Humanis, Intériale, Klésia, MAAF, MACIF, MATMUT, MGEFI, MGEN, MMA, MNH, MNT, Mutualia, Mutuelle Générale, Smatis Mutuelle, Swiss Life, Unéo.
(4) This fee takes under consideration the extra solidarity tax relevant to accountable contracts, which in 2020 is 13.27%.
(5) The further organizations studied had been assigned to the authorized nature of their father or mother firm, even when the construction offering particular person health ensures is of a unique authorized nature.
(6) Malakoff Humanis’ redistribution fee is obtainable in a press launch on its web site, and never on the quote despatched, opposite to what is requested within the order of May 6, 2020.